Cryosphere Training Course 2018 > CONTENTS
The course will provide advanced scientific knowledge on theory and applications for Cryosphere remote sensing.
It will be organised around 5 main topics:
- State of art of EO of the Cryosphere and presentation of the Sentinel ESA/National and Third Party Cryosphere missions and Svalbard geographical importance within EO data system;
- Theoretical fundamentals of spaceborne optical, thermal and SAR remote sensing;
- Lectures on EO Cryosphere applications;
- Praticals using toolboxes for data exploitation, processing and product demonstrations;
- Fieldwork for in-situ data collection.
The formal lectures will be given by leading scientists and professors and computing exercises will take place on a virtual machine. The half-day fieldwork will be held during the week for posterior integration with satellite data.
Participants are expected to give a lightning talk on their current relevant research.
Ground station, Longyearbyen, Svalbard